Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Brief Devastation

So while I am identifying disappointment, let me add a small additional one. After posting this morning, unbeknownst to me my Rebecca stuck a small rock in her mouth and was chewing it so loudly that I heard it from eight feet away (thank God). I lost it briefly (shouting). She had cracked off part of her tooth that had been repaired two days ago. She had done this because she liked the "sound it makes". This is the nature of ASD. Oh dear God, make me larger than my feelings, and give me grace to find peace in her ability to discuss what is inside rationally. Turn my wilderness into wonderment at your goodness and love. And, oh Lord, give my daughter peace and strength to learn power over inclinations, and find joy. Renew my commitment to help her find joyful, abundant life. Amen.

No comments: