Saturday, November 25, 2006

Went to Oak Hills Church near IH10 and 1604 at 5 p.m. tonight, Saturday night. They had a child-based service and invited all children to the front stage. Rebecca asked and asked if she could go, so I said yes. She was the oldest, but is petite for her age. I watched her sing and do motions she had never seen before, just following along, and I thought, "God bless 'Sit and Be Fit' and our home church little choir!!" What affirmation! She just glowed. (I am sure I did, too; there's nothing like a proud parent of a special child). She basically blended rather well. Tonight was an affirmation of two of my intuitive strategies for Rebecca. Daily "Sit and Be Fit" at 1pm on PBS, Ch. 9 San Antonio, and weekly participation in rehearsal and singing in a small church choir. So I say to parents with ASD kids: follow your instincts, they will bear fruit. Blessings on this weekend of Thanksgiving! ~Lis

No comments: