Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Day

I survived Thanksgiving; with now a migraine, but lots to be thankful for.
Rebecca said it was the best Thanksgiving ever. I am glad she is learning
to voice appreciation. That is the secret to a happy life, I think, and for
those affected by Asperger's, a gracious blessing because for her, there is
a lot she must simply endure. For example, after most meals, she is nauseated
although her appetite is good and she eats a variety and loves to eat. She must
go and lay down for a half hour immediately after eating. This, despite, the best
of peds GI docs all her life, and multiple medications. So she did, and our host was
gracious, but at first said, "She doesn't get out much, does she?" thinking
my little one with Asperger's who is open about herself if she is anything
was simply unexposed to social situations. Oh, my frustrated mother's heart!
...so while I am griping, let me say...Then when I got home, my online instructor pointed out to the class a notable link I had contributed, and credited it to someone else...
If today were not the day to be thankful, I might feel...petty instead.
To have a child who suffers and is misunderstood affects everything, always.
And, with tears in my eyes, I am committed to helping we parents of children
who must work harder to enjoy life and be understood.
Blessings abound, may I count mine happily.
My child sees and hears perfectly well, and loves life.
Thank you almighty God, for so much! ~Lis

No comments: