Monday, January 1, 2007

For the NanoIpod, Lord, thank You!

I am using this as a journal to highlight my journey taking care of my precious daughter for whom I have transformed my life since she was born, as all parents do. Now I have someone else that will take a piece of my heart forever. And, for her, I am learning all I can about learning: the brain (cognition) and the heart (affect). What I know of the spirit (hands, heart, and mind together) I have known a long time; as an ordained minister this has been my journey for a lifetime, I believe. Education has been secondarily my vocation a long, long time as well, but now has become primary as I seek to enable my daughter, who is "on the spectrum," to live the fullest life possible.
Now, Lord,
Enable my life to be Your hands and heart, mind and strength for my dear pure one.
Give me compassion fresh each day for her struggle to overcome inclinations not helpful.
For every major and minor moment of success, Lord, give me a cheering heart.
Thank you so much, dear Lord God, today for the nano Ipod that,
full of her 900+ photos and favorite CDs
was able to give her the sweetest smile I have seen since she was born
and in sleep showed such angelic countenance and peace.
And, Lord, please
Comfort my mind when I fear for the future of her life.
Inspire me with peace as I saw today in her face; let me feel Your calm assurance
as nowhere and no one can give but You.
Grant us peace in the soul,
no more and no less.
With love and faith for Your gentle, almighty powerful tender touch,
Amen.

No comments: